Thursday, February 28, 2008

Books I wanna get my crafty paws on.

Alrighty... I've broken my resolution to blog at least once a week. Bummer~~I am not all that bent out of shape about it really. I rarely make resolutions, so I was kidding myself that I could follow through.

One of the reasons I haven't blogged much is that I haven't been scrapping much. Last weekend my creative endeavor was to shorten a dress I got at the clothing show into a tunic shirt. The dress had an odd yoke in the stomach that I evened out, but then the dress was so short it barely covered my butt. I am pretty happy with the results and wore it to work on Monday (its in the laundry or else I'd take a pic and post it now. I'll be sure to do that next week).

The sewing project has me interested in sewing again. I love the idea of taking my old clothes and making something new and fun out of them. There are a few books I would love to have a peek at.
I think they're all available at the Toronto Public Library, and if they're as great as I hope they are, I will probably swing by the Indigo to grab my own copies. I'll let you know how things pan out.
I'll keep you posted ... oh! That was punny! I'm such a geek.
=P

1 comment:

Lesley Myrick said...

Those books look like fun! Hope you find them and post some of your projects here.

(And thanks for stopping by my blog! Yay for Toronto crafters!)